These procedures must be performed in sequence to identify a fault in the module. Ensure the module has the latest firmware installed before performing these tests.
1. Battery Test
The following test will determine if the module has sufficient battery power.
- Remove the battery cover with 2mm hex key
- Remove battery cells and check contact for dirt or damage. Clean area with cotton tip and isopropyl alcohol
- Reinstall batteries and module cover. Be sure beveled sides are facing downward in the module.
- Wait about 6 seconds. If the LED light begins flashing rapidly, the module batteries are healthy. If the LED light does nothing, replace ALL batteries. If it unsuccessful with new batteries, please create a ticket for additional support.2. Cadence TestThis procedure tests the cadence sensors for correct functionality.
- Trigger the cadence sensor by waving a magnet past the domed cover on the frame side of your crank arms and observe the LED light. If the LED light flashes when magnet passes the domed cover, it has passed the test and works correctly.
- If the LED light does not flash when magnet is passed, be sure it is in line with domed cover and in a close proximity.
- If the LED light does not flash after magnet is passed, your Cadence system is faulty. Please create a ticket for additional support.3. Calibration TestThis is the final test and must only be performed if all other test have been completed and passed. If using o-synce computer follow the below instructions. If using other computers and are unfamiliar with the dashboard please contact your computer supplier directly to insure proper procedures are taken.Go to: Setup > Sport Profiles > Name of profile > Sensors > Power > Calibrate>Manual Zero
STEP 1 - Set up bike for calibration
- The crank arms must be vertical.
- The chain must be resting on the SMALLEST chainring available.
- Bike must NOT be moving.
- Do not put weight on pedals and cranks.STEP 2 - Press calibrate. Record number displayed.
- Load the cranks by positioning them horizontally and stand on them or go for a ride and ensure both positive and negative torque is applied.
- Repeat step 1 above and take another calibration reading. Record results.STEP 3 - Analysis
- Download the attached file below.
- Subtract results of step 1 from the results of step 2 to discover your calibration value. If the results of steps 1 and 2 are more than 20 numbers different please create a ticket for additional support.To ensure procedure was done properly please repeat steps above to confirm results.